Winter is one of our favourite seasons because it’s the best time to cosy up with our loved ones sipping our favourite hot comforting drinks. All we want on a chilly winter day is a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Tea drinkers find the mellow energy of tea to be soothing and they frequently use it as a method to unwind. It’s typical for people to be curious about the distinctions between the two drinks, whether they choose to try both or appreciate them both equally. Let’s, therefore, examine the pros and cons of both beverages.
Addiction to these two, however, can have adverse side effects, including dehydration, acidity, difficulty absorbing nutrients, insomnia, anxiety, and restlessness. While coffee makes us feel better, keeps us awake, and keeps us warm during the cold months, it is also addictive and potentially harmful to our health.
READ ALSO E.U. Urges Nations to Require Negative Covid Tests for Travelers From China
This guilty pleasure can be related to anyone who has a caffeine, sugar, or tea addiction. To avoid negative effects including headaches, jitters, giddiness, and mood swings, you can gradually limit your coffee and tea intake in winter.
Here we are examining each side’s advantages and disadvantages which can help you choose.
Pros of having tea and coffee
- Tea can offer a calming effect
- Tea is better for your teeth
- Coffee contains more antioxidants
- Tea is usually cheaper per serving
Cons of having tea and coffee
- Caffeine can cause anxiety and disrupt sleep
- Digestive issues
- Muscle breakdown
Some tips to cut down excess tea and coffee consumption
- Replace your extra cup of hot coffee or hot chocolate with homemade badam (almonds) milk flavoured with elaichi or turmeric milk. Almonds are an excellent source of vitamin E, iron, potassium, magnesium, protein, and heart-healthy fats, while turmeric and elaichi (cardamom) are antioxidants that help with digestion.
Instead of evening tea or coffee, a bowl of steaming hot homemade soup without artificial additives or preservatives can be soothing and healthy.
- Adding jeera water to your routine can regularly pave the way for a healthy digestive system, which keeps the overall body functioning on track. You only need to soak a few cumin seeds in water, let them soak for the night, and then strain the liquid to make jeera water. The seeds swell after being submerged in water for that long and release bioactive substances. You’ll see a difference after consuming this combination every morning for about 10–14 days.
- The health advantages of consuming freshly brewed ginger-honey lemon tea instead of normal tea or coffee at least once a day reduces inflammation, digestive problems, and even seasonal colds and coughs. Ginger helps the body stay warm naturally and helps ease bodily aches and joint discomfort that can worsen in the winter.
READ ALSO Do You Know How Hair Colour or Dye Damages Your Hair?
- Herbal teas can replace your usual tea. You can make these at home and they won’t increase your caffeine intake. Herbal teas can be found in a wide variety. There are many excellent choices, including chamomile tea, ginger, tulsi tea, green tea, lemongrass tea, and many more.
- Simply inhaling the scent of cinnamon may make anyone feel better. Since cinnamon contains antioxidants that support the body’s defences against infection and inflammation, it’s a great way to stay healthy during the cold and flu season. This spice is loaded with potent medicinal properties. During the cold and flu season, inhaling cinnamon is an excellent method to stay healthy since it includes antioxidants that help fight infection and inflammation.
A nice cup of coffee or hot cocoa, a bowl of warm tomato soup, a bowl of fresh greens, a small bowl of roasted nuts, hot roasted or baked namkeens, etc. are all delicious methods to satisfy your hunger and cravings on a chilly winter day.
Everyone enjoys drinking hot beverages in the winter. You just need to attempt and explore more beverages because there are many alternatives to tea and coffee that are packed with health advantages.
Furthermore, you should also undergo preventive health checkups. These health checkups give a complete report about your health, allowing you to take necessary precautionary measures to improve your well-being and keep a host of ailments at bay.
fbq('init', '1713453968920369' ); fbq('track', 'PageView');
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings