Bananas are a delicious and incredibly nutritious fruit, packed with essential vitamins and minerals. But beyond giving you an energy boost between meals, bananas can also be beneficial to the skin.
From aiding in the prevention of wrinkles to treating minor skin rashes, the many beauty benefits of banana are often overlooked. To show how eating them can be just as beneficial as using banana-infused skincare, here are the top 5 benefits of banana for the skin.
1. Natural Moisturiser: Banana is packed with vitamins A, B, E, and lots of naturally occurring moisture, making it a great way to treat dry skin without paying extra for expensive skincare. Its natural oils help lock in moisture, while its vitamins help nourish the skin and give it a natural glow.
2. Natural Exfoliator: By combining half a banana with a tablespoon of honey, you can create a gentle, natural exfoliator that’s perfect for removing dead skin cells and giving your complexion a brighter, more even look.
3. Anti-Wrinkle Effects: Bananas contain high amounts of antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin C and E, that help to fight against wrinkles and other signs of aging. These antioxidants help protect the skin against sun damage and free radicals, as well as reduce inflammation and improve elasticity.
4. Treats Minor Skin Rashes: The sap in a banana has been known to reduce the appearance of minor skin rashes, due to its soothing and cooling properties. Simply massage a banana peel over the affected area to calm redness and the itchiness caused by irritation.
5. Fights Acne: Bananas are packed with zinc and vitamins A and B, which can help reduce acne symptoms, as well as remove excess oils from the skin.
As such, simply apply a banana paste made from mashed-up bananas and honey on your face for 10 minutes, once a week, to help keep acne at bay.
As you can see from the above, bananas can have great benefits for the skin. From nourishing and moisturising to fighting against wrinkles and acne, bananas are a great natural way to keep your skin healthy and looking its best.
So, next time you’re eating a delicious banana, take a second to think about just how it could be helping your skin too.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings